Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Andre Lendo  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2014 7:39:40 PM(UTC)
Andre Lendo

Ok here the rundown:
I have my suspicions that a former friend turned enemy, who knew my password, has been signing into my hotmail account and deleting important emails to sabotage me. So two days ago upon suspecting this I changed my password. Today I looked at the recent activity on my account and, since changing my password, there have been two 'incorrect password entered' instances - one in Venezuela and one in Kyrgyzstan (I live in southeast England).  This did not happen once in the 4 previous weeks, but then twice in 2 days all of a sudden after changing my password - seems very suspicious. It's worth mentioning the guy I suspect here is a lot better with computers/internet than me, and would have been very clever going about this. Also he uses TOR browser, could that explain Venezuela and Kyrgyzstan? (he's also currently in England). I'm no expert in these matter so any help would me much appreciated - is this indeed suspicious activity?
Sponsor
Offline blackhawk  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2014 1:57:28 PM(UTC)
blackhawk

Medals: Medal of Appreciation: The owner of this Medal has shown great participation in learning, helping and contributing ...

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
You can follow the following tips to keep your hotmail secure :-

* Firstly you should never tell password to anyone if that account was that important to you.

* Change the password to something strong keeping numbers/letters/capital letters/symbols in your password string.

* Change your secret answer to something strong but that can be remembered.

* Add an extra level of security by entering your phone number so that you can get quick notifications if any suspicious activity happens with your account via sms.

* Lastly don't click on any suspicious links that you receive via emails & scan your system with a good anti-virus to clean your system from any key-loggers.

* Clean all browsing activity/stored passwords and clean your cache & cookies too.

Sorry to say you cant get your deleted mails back if they have also been deleted from the DELETED folder.

Thanks...Hope it helps you
Offline Dr-Hack  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2014 7:50:49 PM(UTC)
Dr-Hack

Medals: Hackology Founder: This medal is earned by the Founders of Hackogy

Was thanked: 73 time(s) in 57 post(s)

Hello Andre,
blackhawk already covered all the important stuff.

1. Yes the Locations indicate the user was using ToR or such proxies.

2. The most Important is that you log out from all you current sessions and add Mobile verification.

That shall keep you safe and follow the tips shared above.

UserPostedImage
Rss Feed  Atom Feed